Why Choose an App Squad Internship?
COLLABORATING WITH EXECUTIVES AND INFLUENCERS
ABOUT APP SQUAD
We want to create mobile applications that are a combination of ideas and technology coming together to create the best possible user experience a mobile application can provide. We want to give you the tools to make YOUR vision come to life.
To reach millions of users through all categories of both Google Play and Apple's app store. This ever expanding market will allow us to create fully customizable applications that can be used to help you grow your business and online presence.
Our success lies in the success of our client’s business. Since the beginning, App Squad has been directed by loyalty, honesty, and an unparalleled drive for success that have molded the way we work. Just as well, this defines our connection with clients, employees, and the community as a whole. All these values produce an intelligent team that gives the best result to our clients globally. We encourage the values of honesty and integrity among team members by creating a supportive work culture. We are always striving to improve the quality of our products by exploring innovative ideas both in house and with our clients. We aim to deliver incredible value for the time and money invested along with long-lasting mobile solutions. App Squad is continuously working to improve our business performance by staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
APP SQUAD FAQ
Just the FAQs…Students and recent graduates are a critical part of our workforce and a key to our future growth. Below you’ll find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions posed by people like you.
Q: MANY GAMES ARE DESIGNED FOR MULTIPLE PLATFORMS. ARE THERE ADVANTAGES TO WORKING ACROSS DIFFERENT PLATFORMS?
A: Yes, there are big advantages
- By working across multiple platforms, our employees get an opportunity to work on and learn about different technologies.
- It also gives them new challenges while allowing them to expand their skill base.
Q: DOES APP SQUAD PROVIDE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
A: Yes. One of App Squad’s core values is to create an environment that encourages employees to learn and grow.
- App Squad knowledge is extensive and we are dedicated to employee learning. At App Squad, employees can share experiences and learn new methods from their peers.
Q: WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CAREER PROGRESSION WITHIN APP SQUAD?
A: We aim to support and inspire our internal talent to cultivate their long-term goals at App Squad
- At App Squad you are not locked into a linear progression; you choose your own career path.
- Opportunities are available to you, should you want to try something new and challenge yourself.
Q: HOW DOES APP SQUAD ENCOURAGE INDIVIDUALITY
A: All employees are encouraged to share ideas that will help us improve the company and propel our ongoing evolution. We are always on the lookout for people with a natural flair for creativity and the confidence to voice their ideas and opinions.
Q: HOW DOES APP SQUAD ENCOURAGE CREATIVITY?
A: Creativity is the lifeblood of what we do! App Squad is fueled by people who think not outside the box, but as if there is no box
- We pride ourselves on encouraging employees to take chances and calculated risks. Without fear of failure, employees can work in an environment that promotes creativity.
Q: IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A JOB AT APP SQUAD WITHOUT A DEGREE
A: Yes, it is possible to get a job at App Squad without a university degree.
- To be considered for internship or co-op positions, however, you must be enrolled full time at an accredited college or university.
- Though a degree isn’t required to work at App Squad, we believe in the value of getting a university degree or completing a comparable educational or vocational program. Why? Because your experience at such programs (particularly an accredited degree program) provides innumerable opportunities for learning and development. It gives you a solid foundation to build upon.
- If you don’t have a degree, the most common route into the app industry is to start your career marketing, customer success (Quality Assurance), or sales. This is a good way to get your foot in the door and learn the fundamentals of the app gaming industry.
Q: DOES APP SQUAD HAVE A DRESS CODE?
- App Squad promotes creativity and with that comes individuality. Take business casual to a level you want, As long as your clothing, hairstyle, etc. aren’t offensive to your co-workers, and fit within the parameters of business casual, you can wear whatever you want.
Q: WHAT ARE THE RECRUITMENT CYCLES FOR INTERN/CO-OP POSITIONS?
A: As a general rule, App Squad begins the recruitment cycle for any given term 2 – 4 months ahead of each term.
- For example, for the Fall term, which begins in September, we begin the recruitment process in May until we have filled all positions.
Q: ARE THERE MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO TRANSITION FROM BEING AN INTERN TO A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE?
A: Yes! Not only are there opportunities, but having you join us full time after you graduate is truly the basis for our internship and co-op programs.
- App Squad’s goal is to show you what we have to offer! We want you to have an unparalleled work experience that showcases our talented people, the exciting work we do, and the endless career possibilities in front of you should you choose to come along for the ride.
Q: HOW MANY INTERNS/CO-OP STUDENTS DO YOU TYPICALLY HIRE IN EACH SEMESTER?
A: Well, that depends
- Because App Squad only hires students into meaningful positions that are critical to the success of a project, the number of students hired in each term varies based on business needs, location, and team.
Q:HOW DO JUNIOR AND SENIOR MEMBERS OF THE STAFF INTERACT WITH ONE ANOTHER?
A: Well, that depends
- Everyone on a game team works together in the same area – regardless of level – and we encourage open communication between all employees at all times. Collaboration among all team members is highly valued and crucial to our success. Interns and New graduates often have fresh skills and knowledge to share with senior team members, having studied the latest trends in technology, at school.